Posted by https://paleomg.com/beef-fajita-kabobs-with-poblano-cilantro-pesto/
© 2016 PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes. All rights reserved.
Beef Fajita Kabobs with Poblano Cilantro Pesto
For the marinade
For the kabobs
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
For the poblano cilantro pesto
- 1 roasted poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients for the marinade in a shallow dish, add meat and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30+ minutes. I marinated mine for about 2 hours. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before cooking to help meat come up to temperature.
- Roast poblano, if you don't have one roasted already.*
- Using metal skewers, place a couple pieces of peppers, onion, then thread the meat onto the skewer and repeat until skewer is full. My meat and veggies made 6 full kabobs.
- Heat up a grill pan or a grill to medium heat, grease and place kabobs on top. Sprinkle with a bit of salt then use a brush to brush a bit of marinade on top of each kabob. Cook about both sides until beef has browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- While the kabobs cook, place all the ingredients for the pesto into a small blender and blend until smooth and slightly chunky.
- Serve kabobs with pesto and lime juice on top!
*To roast a poblano: Just place a poblano over a flame on a gas stove top, flipping every couple minutes until completely charred. Then let cool and run under cold water, removing all the burnt skin along with stem and seeds.