Posted by https://paleomg.com/blueberry-jalapeno-margaritas/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Blueberry Jalapeno Margaritas
For the rim
- lime wedge
- 1/4 cup of sugar (I used maple sugar) or coarse salt
For the jalapeño lime simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey (or agave if you are ok with that)
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- juice of 1/2 lime
For the margaritas
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup blue agave silver tequila
- mint leaves, for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish
- To make your life easier, get the glasses ready first then set in the freezer until you are ready with your drink. Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of a glass then place sugar or salt on a plate and dip the rim of the glass in it and all the way around. Then add crushed ice to the glass. Repeat with 4 glasses. Place in freezer.
- Place all the ingredients for the simple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat to let cool.
- Once slightly cool, remove 4-5 slices of jalapeño for garnish then pour the rest of the simple syrup into a high speed blender along with 1 cup of blueberries. Puree for almost 1 minute until everything is completely combine. Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a jar.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with the blueberry mixture, lime juice, and tequilla along with a couple ice cubes. Cover and shake. Strain mixture into chilled glasses and garnish with blueberries, candied jalapeños, mint and lime.