Posted by https://paleomg.com/book-review-marbled-banana-chocolate-mini-cakes/
© 2013 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (85% cacao or higher), melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 6-cup mini cake pan with coconut oil and dust with coconut flour.
- In a large bowl combine bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, coconut oil, and coconut milk and using a hand mixer mix everything together until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and using the hand mixer mix together.
- Divide the batter into halves, in two bowls. To one half of the batter, add the cacao powder and using the hand mixer mix until incorporated.
- Spoon the batter alternating one scoop banana batter and one scoop chocolate batter inside the mini cake pans. Continue to alternate the batter in the pan to almost forming a pattern in the pan. To create marbling, run a toothpick or a table knife through the batters in a swirl motion, making sure not to over swirl the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean. Transfer pan to a rack to cool for 10 minutes. Turn cakes from the pan and cool completely on rack.
- Drizzle melted dark chocolate over cakes, if desired.
- Cakes can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Yields 6 cakes