Posted by https://paleomg.com/breakfast-biscuit-sandwiches/
© 2013 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Breakfast Biscuit Sandwiches
For the innards
- 4-5 pieces of bacon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs + 4 leftover egg yolks
- 4-5 cups fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup maple mayo
For the biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bacon on a foil lined baking sheet and place in oven to cook for 15-18 minutes or until cooked to preference. Set aside.
- Now for the biscuits. Sift together almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda and powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Pour frothy egg whites into the almond flour mixture bowl and mix well. Then add the 2 whole eggs and bacon fat and whisk together. Place batter in fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the some batter and pour onto the baking sheet. The batter will spread out just a little bit, but should still set up. Make 4 biscuits on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. If you poke the biscuits, you'll be able to tell that they are done. Let cool.
- While the biscuits bake, finish the insides for the sandwiches. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil along with sliced yellow onions. Let onions cook down until caramelized. They will just need a stir once in a while to keep from sticking to the pan.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil along with ½ teaspoon garlic powder and a bit of salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is soft and wilted. Set aside.
- In that same pan over medium heat, add 1 more tablespoon of coconut oil. Whisk together eggs and egg yolks and pour into the pan. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon garlic powder and a bit of salt and pepper. Continuously stir eggs with a spatula until cooked through.
- Once onions, spinach and eggs are done cooking, cut biscuits in half and then start building: bottom biscuit, bacon, spinach egg, caramelized onions, and maple mayo, and top biscuit.