Posted by https://paleomg.com/cabbage-pizza-rolls/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
1 hour 35 mins
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1/2 cauliflower, riced (about 2 cups riced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pound spicy italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a large pot of water over medium heat and cover to bring pot to boil. Peel off 10-12 leaves from the head of cabbage and place in water for about 3-4 minutes, until soft and pliable. Place the blanched cabbage leaves in a colander to drain off excess water and cool to touch.
- Grease a 8x8 baking dish. In a large bowl, mix together cauliflower, pepper, onion, garlic, and italian sausage until combine. Scoop about ¼-1/3 cup of the mixture into each of the cabbage leaves. Fold in two sides, then roll (like a burrito). Place fold side down in a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the meat and leaves. If you have leftover meat, press it into the crevices between the cabbage rolls.
- To make pizza sauce, heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and sauté for about 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to low and allow to thicken for about 10 minutes.
- Once thickened, pour pizza sauce on top of cabbage rolls. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Then eat it up, buttercup!