Posted by https://paleomg.com/cajun-mini-meatloaf/
© 2012 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1/2lb andouille sausage
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce (I used Cholula)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- First you gotta make your meatloaf. In a pot or pan, add your coconut oil and minced garlic.
- When garlic becomes fragrant, add your onion and green pepper to cook down until onion becomes translucent. Then remove from heat to cool.
- While veggies cool, add your ground beef and andouille sausage to a large bowl, then add your cooled veggies, eggs, almond flour and the rest of your spices.
- Use your hands or a spoon to combine all the ingredients.
- Press meat mixture into your muffin tin. If you are using silicone liners, you won't have to grease them but if you are not, grease your muffin tin.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- While your mini little guys are cooking, make your sauce.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to your saucepan, add your minced garlic and minced onion to begin to cook down.
- Once the onion is translucent, add your tomato sauce, hot sauce, and seasonings to cooking on low and thicken.
- Once the little meat packages are done, top them off with your sauce!