Posted by https://paleomg.com/caramel-apple-pie-cookies-bars-video/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Caramel Apple Pie Cookies Bars
For the crust
For the caramel
For the apples
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 apples, cored and diced (make sure they are diced small for more enjoyable bites)
- 2 teaspoons Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
Make the crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a rectangle quiche pan. Add all ingredients for the crust into a food processor and pulse until completely combine. The dough should combine into a slight ball once combine. Put dough in a pan and use your fingers to press dough around evenly throughout the pan, pressing the dough higher on the sides to create a boat for the caramel to go later. Poke holes with a fork in the dough to keep it from rising in the oven
- Bake crust for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove then let crust cool for about 10-20 minutes.
Make the caramel sauce then set aside to cool
Make the apples
- While caramel is cooling, place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add ghee, diced apples, apple pie spice and caramel and let cook and soften for about 10-15 minutes, tossing every couple minutes, until soft and brown.
To make the cookie bars
- Use a large spoon to scoop about ¼-1/3 cup of the caramel sauce in the middle of the crust. Then scoop all the apples onto the caramel crust and use a spoon the add a bit more caramel on top. Place in oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from quiche pan, garnish with powdered sugar and mint leaves then slice before serving.*
*These bars can be a little messy so feel free to set in the fridge for about 30 minutes before slicing, but that just depends if you want to get your hands dirty or not! It's up to you!