Posted by https://paleomg.com/carrot-fritters-with-avocado-cream-sauce/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
For the fritters
- 3 cups finely grated carrots (about 6-8 medium carrots)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup paleo baking flour
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- lots of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 3-4 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil
For the avocado cream sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup dairy-free greek yogurt (I use Kite Hill brand)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- heft pinch of salt
- Finely grate the carrots then mix in a large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients (except for the ghee) and mix to completely combined
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, add ghee to melt. While the skillet heats, use an ice cream scoop to scoop out 10-12 scoops then form in to patties. Place in the skillet, not overcrowding the pan, and cook for around 5-6 minutes per side. Keep an eye on the heat to make sure the fritters are browning without burning.
- While the fritters cook, place all ingredients for the cream sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Top each fritter with extra green onions and the cream sauce.