Posted by https://paleomg.com/cauliflower-rice-stuffed-acorn-squash/
© 2011 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Paleo Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeds removed
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1-1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 package of mushrooms (any kind will do-I used buttons)
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut acorn squash in half and pull out of the seeds. Place open side down on a cookie sheet or baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes or until you press on the outside skin and it gives a bit.
- While the squash cooks, rice your cauliflower by throwing it in a food processor. I used a shredding attachment to better rice the cauliflower.
- Once the cauliflower is riced down, add your cauliflower to a saucepan over medium heat, along with 2 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos.
- While your rice is cooking, pull out a large skillet and add your chopped onions and apples. Let cook for about 3 minutes then add ground beef. Cook until beef is half way cooked through, then add in mushrooms.
- Let ingredients cook down for a bit longer, then add your seasonings, coconut milk, and vinegars to the saucepan. Mix thoroughly.
- When the cauliflower rice and beef mixture is also done cooking, add the two of them together in either a large bowl or directly to the beef pan if there is room. Add your chopped pecans to the mixture.
- Once the squash is done cooking, turn squash over, stuff with beef and rice mixture into your squash.
- Bake uncovered for around 8 minutes or until heated through.