Posted by https://paleomg.com/chicken-pot-pie-cornbread-casserole/
© 2018 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Chicken Pot Pie "Cornbread" Casserole
1 hour 35 minutes
1 hour 55 minutes
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 16 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 16 ounce bag of frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms, diced (plus extra for topping)
- 16 ounces chicken or beef bone broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the cornbread crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken on a lined baking sheet. Spray with coconut oil spray and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven to bake for around 20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Once cooked through, cube chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add cauliflower florets to a large pot with some water in a steamer basket and place covered pot over medium heat. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork tender. Once tender, place in a high speed blender along with a hefty pinch of salt, then blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Place a dutch oven over medium heat. Add ghee along with onion, celery, and carrots and sauté for about 5 minutes, until onion becomes fragrant and translucent. Then add garlic, peas, mushrooms, and chicken. Cook for another 5 minutes, until mushrooms have reduced in size.
- Lastly, add pureed cauliflower, broth, rosemary, thyme, sage, and salt & pepper. Mix to combine and cook for 5-8 minutes until slightly reduced. Grease a large baking dish (I used an 9x11 baking dish) and pour chicken pot pie ingredients into the greased dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together baking flour, salt and baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, ghee, honey, and almond milk. Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and use a spatula to combined completely. Then add the minced jalapeños and fold into the mixture. Use a spatula to scoop the mixture and spread throughout the baking dish. Top with extra sliced mushrooms.
- Place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes or until the middle of the cornbread stuffing is cooked through and browned.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving!