Posted by https://paleomg.com/chimichurri-steak-bowls/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 1 pound flank or skirt steak
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 24 ounces (2 bags) of riced cauliflower
- guacamole, for topping*
- pico de gallo, for topping*
- sliced radishes, for topping
- cilantro, for garnish
- coconut sour cream
For the chimichurri
- 1 packed cup fresh cilantro
- 1 packed cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 white onion, minced
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, lightly great with avocado oil spray, then sprinkle paprika, cumin and salt on both side of the steak, rubbing throughout. Place the steak in the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes per side (this time will depend on the thickness of the steak) then set aside to rest.
- Add a little more avocado oil to the pan then add the peppers and cook for about 5 minutes, tossing every so often to cook evenly. While the peppers start cooking, place another pan over medium heat, lightly grease, then add rice cauliflower with some salt and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Lastly, make the chimichurri: place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Now all you have to do is make your bowl - slice your steak against the grain, add cauliflower rice to a bowl, then steak, peppers, guac, pico, coconut sour cream, radishes and cilantro. Then top it all with your homemade chimichurri!
*I purchase already made pico and guac at the store to cut down on prep time!