Posted by https://paleomg.com/chunky-pineapple-guacamole-grilled-sweet-potato-chips/
© 2012 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Chunky Pineapple Guacamole with Grilled Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 avocados, cut in half, pits removed
- 1/2 pineapple, diced
- 1 skinny yam or sweet potato, sliced thin into chips
- 1 plantain, ends removed, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces, smashed with the bottom of a mug (use a ripe one-brownish color)
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 2-3 tablespoon cilantro, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- aluminum foil
- Heat up your grill.
- Place sliced sweet potatoes on aluminum foil and use a brush to brush on some coconut oil on each sweet potato and top off with some salt.
- Place on grill to let cook. You will need to flip them after about 8-10 minutes depending on how hot your grill is. I kept the temperature down low to make sure to not burn the chips.
- While you sweet potatoes are cooking, heat up a large skillet under medium heat with enough coconut oil to coat the bottom on the pan.
- When oil is very hot, add your smashed plantains to the oil and let cook for 3-5 minutes per side. Once they are cooked through on both sides (browned) place on a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Now add your insides of your avocados to a large bowl and use a fork to mash up the avocado.
- Then add your pineapple, jalapeno, red onion, garlic, cilantro, spices, and salt and pepper to the avocados.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Once your plantain chips have cooled and your sweet potato chips have charred a bit and cooled on a piece of a paper towel, start dipping.
- I love guac. Especially with sweetness added to it.