Posted by https://paleomg.com/cinnamon-peach-upside-down-cake/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Cinnamon Peach Upside Down Cake
For the batter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch round cake pan then cut out a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan and place in the bottom and grease the parchment paper as well.
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the ghee and sugar and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Then add peach slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon and allspice and toss until peaches become soft. About 5 minutes. Let cool to touch.
- Once cool, arrange in the bottom of the cake pan however you'd prefer. I did a fan pattern which left me with a few leftover peach slices. But you can make any decision you'd like. Once the peaches are arranged in the pan, pour the rest of the caramel mixture that's in the saute pan on top of the peaches.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, ghee, coconut sugar, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until coconut sugar dissolves.
- Add liquid mixture to the dry mixture and mix until combine.**
- Pour batter on top of the peach caramel mixture and smooth out on top.
- Place in oven to bake for 40-43 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Begin checking the cake at around 35 minutes since oven temperatures will range.
- Let cake rest for 10 minutes outside the oven then place a plate or a cake stand over it, flip then tap the bottom of the cake pan to make sure it comes out. Remove the parchment paper from top of cake.
- Cut into slices and place ice cream on top then serve!
*I used maple sugar in this recipe because i like the flavor and the color of maple sugar better than coconut sugar.
**Since different tapioca flours and coconut flours sometimes react differently, you may need to add a little more almond milk. If the batter seems to thick and does not pour, add a bit more almond milk.