Posted by https://paleomg.com/cold-vietnamese-noodle-pork-salad/
© 2011 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Paleo Cold Vietnamese Noodle Pork Salad
For the meat--
- 1lb chunk o pork*
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1 bundle cilantro
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fat (I used duck fat. Smart.)
For the sauce--
- First things first, time to cook the noodles. Meaning spaghetti squash. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, cut your squash in half, pull out the seeds and extra strings to trash, then place cut side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until you can poke the skin of the spaghetti squash and it gives a bit.
- While the spaghetti squash cooks, slice your chunk o pork thin to cook.
- Once it's sliced thin, add your fat to a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork to begin cooking then add the rest of the spices and coconut aminos.
- While the pork cooks, make your sauce is a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Your spaghetti squash should be done cooking by now so you can pull it out of the oven, use a fork to peel away the strings and place in a bowl to cool.
- Now this is when you have to make a bold decision...eat now OR eat it how it's suppose to be consumed...cold. That means, if you want to have it for lunch tomorrow and experience the meal to it's full potential, you must put the meat, spaghetti squash, and sauce in the fridge.
- If you do this, you are smart and I'm proud of you. So when it's cold, mix together the spaghetti squash, meat, and add some freshly chopped cucumber and cilantro on top, Then eat it. More sauce, more fun. Just sayin.
*you can use whatever cut of pork you'd like, I just used a pork shoulder because it's what I had on hand and needed to get rid of