Posted by https://paleomg.com/cookie-dough-ice-cream/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
For the ice cream base
For the cookie dough
- Place coconut milk, maple sugar, vanilla extract and vanilla bean paste in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 8-10 minutes to reduce and thicken slightly. Remove from heat and pour into a shallow dish then place into the freezer to cool for 10-15 minutes, until completely cooled.
- While the ice cream cools, make the cookie dough - Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream together softened coconut oil (ghee or butter), sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly add the cassava flour while the mixer is running until all of the flour is combined. Then fold in salt and chocolate chips.
- Place a piece of parchment paper down on the counter and scoop the dough into a ball, place another piece of parchment paper down on top then use a rolling pin to roll out the cookie dough into one flat sheet, about 1/2 inch thick. Place in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes then use a sharp knife to cut the sheet into small pieces - I cut sheet into 6 strips then another 6 strips cutting in the opposite direction to create 24 squares.
- Pour the cooled ice cream mixture into ice cream maker and follow directions for that specific ice cream maker. Once mixture has churned and thickened, add then cookie dough pieces, leaving a few pieces behind for topping.
- Eat as soft serve straight from the ice cream maker OR pour soft serve ice cream into a bread pan and place in the freezer to harden for 2-3 hours. Remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving, then scoop and serve!