Posted by https://paleomg.com/crispy-skin-salmon-with-bernaise-sauce/
© 2015 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Crispy Skin Salmon with Béarnaise Sauce
For the veggies
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee
- 1 bundle of asparagus, end cut off
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups spinach
For the salmon
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 salmon filets (1-1 1/2 pounds)
- pinch of salt
For the béarnaise
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1/2 cup melted butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to broil. Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil and place asparagus on the sheet, pour over 1 tablespoon of melted ghee and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Toss to coat and then set aside.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Let skillet get very hot then add 1 tablespoon of ghee then place pieces of salmon skin side down on the hot skillet. The skin should sizzle as you place it on the pan, that's how you know it's hot enough. Let the salmon cook for 7-8 minutes or until the edges begin to become white and the salmon has cooked halfway through.
- Place both of the baking sheet with asparagus and the cast iron skillet under the broiler and let cook for 4-5 minutes, until salmon is cooked through and flaky.
- While salmon and asparagus cook, place 1 tablespoon in a medium skillet over medium heat, add spinach and a pinch of salt and let cook down until wilted.
- While the spinach cooks, make the béarnaise: place egg yolks, lemon juice, shallots, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend for 15 seconds.
- Then turn blender on and slowly pour melted ghee into blender. Mixture will thicken up. Once all ghee has been used and mixture is thick, about 30-45 seconds, add in tarragon and pulse to combine.
- Place salmon on top of wilted spinach, top with asparagus and spoon béarnaise sauce on top.
- Now you eat it and love crispy skin so so much!!