Posted by https://paleomg.com/crockpot-sugar-detox-dessert-stuffed-apples/
© 2012 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Crockpot Sugar Detox Dessert Stuffed Apples
- First you gotta core your apples, which is a pain if you don't have an apple corer or paring knife...like me. I use a knife and drilled out the top then used a spoon to scoop out any core, leaving behind as much apple as possible and making sure not to remove the bottom. Perfection is not needed here.
- Mix together your coconut butter and sunbutter along with cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Place cored apples in your crockpot and pour water in the bottom.
- Use a spoon to pour in your coconut and sunbutter mixture into each apple until it's at the top.
- Top each apple off with a bit more cinnamon and your shredded coconut.
- Cook for 2-3 hours on low. The longer you cook it, the softer the apple will become so you decide!!
*These would also be wonderful with any sort of nuts mixed in!
*If you are not on the sugar detox, dried fruit would be great in these!