Posted by https://paleomg.com/egg-and-nut-free-chocolate-chip-cookies/
© 2018 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Egg and Nut Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg replacer and cold water and set aside for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add softened ghee, maple sugar and vanilla extract and beat for about 1 minute. Then add egg replacer and beat together for about 15 seconds.
- Lastly add cassava flour 1/4 cup at a time and beat until combine. Then add baking soda, salt and cinnamon and beat once more for about 10 seconds.
- Lastly fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to shape 14-15 cookies into round balls and place evenly throughout the baking sheet.
- Place in oven to bake for 16 minutes, until the edges begin to only slightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes then place on a cooling rack for another 5 minutes or more. Then eat and be happy as can be!!
Depending on the humidity that day, the dough may be a little dry. If it seems to crumbly, add just a tablespoon of water to and it will bring the dough together. I've had to do this a couple times with this dough and the cookies still come out perfect either way.