Posted by https://paleomg.com/every-last-crumb-book-review-pms-brownies/
© 2014 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Every Last Crumb Book Review: PMS Brownies
For the brownies
For the ganache
- 8-10 Sunbutter Cups, chopped (she has a recipe in her book, I used store bought ones)
- more chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter or ghee
- 1 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream or heavy cream
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Make the brownies: In a large bowl, mix together the melted chocolate chips and softened butter. Once incorporated, mix in the vanilla and ground coffee.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, almond flour, and tapioca starch. Gradually add the dry mixture to the chocolate mixture, stirring to combine. Add the eggs and yolk and beat until fully combined.
- If you are adding the optional 1 cup chocolate chips to the batter, make sure that it is no longer warm before folding them in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and tap on the countertop to settle the batter. Bake for 35 minutes or until the brownies have set and do not jiggle in the pan.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan.
- While the brownies are cooling, make the ganache: Place the chocolate chips in the microwave and melt for roughly 1 minutes. Remove and add the coconut cream, sitting until it comes together.
- Spoon the ganache over the cooled brownies. Then drop the chocolate Sunbutter Cups and chocolate chips on top. While that is cooling, make the caramel.
- Make the caramel: In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the caramel ingredients to a gentle boil over medium heat, sitting constantly. Continue to boil gently, while stirring, until it thickens. Remove from the heat and drizzle the caramel on top of the brownies.
- Let the caramel sit and harden. Then cut the brownies into squares and serve. Store leftovers in a sealed bag or container at room temperature, or freeze for later.
*Makes 16 2-inch brownies