Posted by https://paleomg.com/fall-harvest-chopped-salad-with-apple-maple-vinaigrette/
© 2015 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Fall Harvest Chopped Salad with Apple Maple Vinaigrette
For the Apple Maple Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss butternut squash in ghee and balsamic vinegar and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder on top. Place in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While butternut squash cooks, bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Once the water is boiling, place eggs in the water and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from water and place in a bowl of cold water to help cool. Once cooled, peel and chop.
- Lastly, cook bacon in a saute pan until crispy, set aside then chop into small pieces once cool.
- Now to build the salad: place romaine and arugula in a large bowl, then top with roasted butternut squash, bacon, diced chicken, red onion, cranberries, pecans, and apples.
- Lastly, place all ingredients for dressing in a mason jar, cover and shake until combined.
- Pour dressing over salads, toss and eat up!