Posted by https://paleomg.com/ginger-acorn-squash-soup-with-thai-mini-meatballs/
© 2015 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Ginger Acorn Squash Soup with Thai Mini Meatballs
For the soup
- 3 medium acorn squash*
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro, for garnishing
For the meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut acorn squash in half, place cut side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and bake for 35-40 minutes, until squash is soft to touch.
- When the squash has 15 minutes left to cook, mix all ingredients for meatballs (except coconut oil) in a large bowl until well combined. Using a tablespoon scoop, scoop and shape 20-25 meatballs. Place a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add meatballs making sure not to crowd the pan, and cook meatballs on all sides for 2-3 minutes. This should cook the meatballs through completely.
- Once squash is done cooking, scoop out the cooked acorn squash from the skin and add to a food processor or high speed blender (I used my blendtec). Add the rest of the ingredients for the soup and puree until smooth.
- Top soup with meatballs and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
*If you want to serve the soup in a squash, buy more to bake and then serve soup inside.