SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Grilled Bacon Guacamole
Do you know how hard it is to not eat the bacon while trying to make this recipe? Real stupid hard. I had to make extra bacon.
Sorry about the picture suckiness. I have kind of sucked at photography lately. That’s probably because, well, I suck at photography. I need to hire someone to do my food photography for me. Someone who doesn’t like making money for their contribution to my website. I’d pay them in food though. And hang out with them. I’m excited for this imaginary person. I think we could have real good time together.
I ate this guac with chili lime grilled sweet potatoes…but you’re gonna have to wait until tomorrow to see that recipe! Jokes on you!
Guess what? I go to Lake Powell soon! Yes I do! It’s a bit worrisome since I have the competition the next weekend after I get back, but I’m trying to press on. I’m not sure what workouts I’ll do there, but I have a feeling it will look a lot like this:
- air squats
- push ups
In some weird way, I really like burpees. I’m not any good at them, but I actually kind of like the pain they cause. It’s crazy how such a simple movement can inflict so much pain onto the body. Bodies are weird. Burpees are weirder.
Wanna see how good I looked on Saturday night? Reaaaaal good. And this was before I was intoxicated. This is the exact reason I didn’t get hit on. #fail. I love hashtags.
I have almost stopped craving sweets completely. It’s pretty rad. Except now I kind of want ice cream. Ah crap.Print
Grilled Bacon Guacamole
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-6 1x
- 3 large avocados, halved lengthwise, pits removed
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes, excess liquid removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6–8 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/3 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- handful of cilantro, diced
- juice of 2 limes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat up your grill!
- Cut avocados in half, remove pits, place on a plate and spritz (yes I said spritz) with 1/2 a lime.
- Then use a brush to “glaze” the inside of the avocados with olive oil then sprinkle with salt.
- Place avocados face down on the top rack of your grill and cook for 6-8 minutes or until your avocados have grill marks on them.
- While avocados cook, cook your bacon, let cool and dice up with a knife.
- Dice up your jalapenos, yellow, and garlic cloves and place in a large bowl.
- Once your avocados are done cooking, let cool, then scoop the ingredients into your bowl.
- Use a fork to mash up your guacamole, then add your bacon, tomatoes, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, your remaining lime juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve with chips of your choice or eat with a big honk of meat!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!