Posted by https://paleomg.com/grilled-bacon-guac/
© 2012 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 3 large avocados, halved lengthwise, pits removed
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes, excess liquid removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/3 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- handful of cilantro, diced
- juice of 2 limes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat up your grill!
- Cut avocados in half, remove pits, place on a plate and spritz (yes I said spritz) with ½ a lime.
- Then use a brush to "glaze" the inside of the avocados with olive oil then sprinkle with salt.
- Place avocados face down on the top rack of your grill and cook for 6-8 minutes or until your avocados have grill marks on them.
- While avocados cook, cook your bacon, let cool and dice up with a knife.
- Dice up your jalapenos, yellow, and garlic cloves and place in a large bowl.
- Once your avocados are done cooking, let cool, then scoop the ingredients into your bowl.
- Use a fork to mash up your guacamole, then add your bacon, tomatoes, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, your remaining lime juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve with chips of your choice or eat with a big honk of meat!