Posted by https://paleomg.com/guest-post-dark-chocolate-sorbet-with-olive-oil-sea-salt/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Dark Chocolate Sorbet with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- Make sure the ice cream maker bowl has been in the freezer for 24 hours before making the ice cream.
- Make the base: combine the water, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and chopped dark chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking continuously. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 30 seconds and remove from the heat.
- Pour the base into a heat-safe bowl and chill completely in the refrigerator, at least 2 hours (preferably overnight). The mixture must be refrigerator temperature before using the ice cream machine.
- When chilled, follow the manufacturer's instructions on your ice cream maker. I have the cuisinart, so for me: assemble the machine and turn it on, then slowly pour in your base plus the tablespoon of olive oil in with the machine running.** Mine took about 20 minutes. It will have the consistency of soft serve once it’s finished.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe, air-tight container and put it in the freezer for about 2 hours, until firm enough to scoop.
- Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
*You could also use chocolate chips instead of a chocolate bar. I used 70% dark chocolate
**If you pour the base in the ice cream maker first, then turn it on, it will immediately freeze to the sides and it won’t be able to churn!Don’t have an ice cream maker?
Allow the mixture to chill in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 8 hours. Transfer to a metal pan (I like to use a loaf pan) lined with parchment or wax paper. Stir mixture every hour until it reaches your desired firmness.