Posted by https://paleomg.com/harissa-carrot-pomegranate-salad/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Harissa Carrot & Pomegranate Salad
- 8 large carrots, peeled
- 1/3 cup mild harissa*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves
- 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 ounces dairy-free soft cheese**
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- First use a vegetable peeler to remove the outside skin of the carrots and discard. Then use the vegetable peeler once more to peel all the carrots into ribbons and place in a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add harissa, olive oil, lemon juice, dill, and mint. Toss to combined.
- In a small sauté pan, add the pistachios and cook over medium heat. Toss in pan to keep from burning on one side and toast for about 5 minutes, until fragrant. Add to bowl with carrots.
- Lastly, add the pomegranate seeds, cheese, salt, and black pepper, and toss once more to completely coat the carrots. Serve up!
*This amount may range depending on the size of your carrots - you may need extra if you have larger carrots
**I used Treeline herb soft cheese