Posted by https://paleomg.com/hawaiian-pizza-salad/
© 2013 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
For the garlic crockpot pork
- 2-3 pound pork shoulder (I used bone-in)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste (more is better than less)
For the salad
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 (4 ounce) container of button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, diced
- Tessemae's cracked pepper dressing (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fat (I used grass fed butter, but you could use bacon fat or coconut oil)
- First you gotta cook your pork, because it's going to take about 8-10 hours.
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of your crockpot then add the pork shoulder. Take a sharp knife and poke 4 holes in different places in the pork. Press the peeled garlic cloves into the holes.
- Sprinkle garlic powder and salt on the pork and onions.
- Cover and let cook on low for 8-10 hours. Then shred directly in the crockpot. You won't need any liquid for this meat if it has enough fat on it, it will render a good amount of liquid into the crockpot.
- Once your meat is shredded, start making the rest of your salad.
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of fat, then add the mushrooms with a pinch of salt and cook down until soft and brown.
- When the mushrooms are done and the everything else has been chopped, add it all together.
- Top the salad with any dressing you like. I didn't use any dressing and didn't think it needed it. Delish.