Hot Chocolate Pancakes
Little by little I keep getting a little more interested in the holiday season. Not full on excited by any means, but my entire instagram feed is bombarded with holiday cookies…which gets me a tad excited. If you ever want me to like something…involve food. But this feed of constant sprinkled and frosted cookies isn’t exactly helping me out with trying to clean up my act before I leave for Mexico on Friday. I’ve been traveling for the past week and eating out for every meal and having more cocktails than usual, so I just don’t feel like my best self. So this week I’m trying to keep it as clean as possible so I feel good about being in a swimsuit in the dead of winter.
Thank God for spray tans.
But for real, I’m going to be in Mexico TWICE this month. It just worked out that way and I’m definitely not complaining. My best friend turns 30 and decided she wanted to go to Tulum for her dirty thirty. Duh. Done. I’m there. So we leave for Tulum on Friday, which I’m pretty pumped about because I’ve never been to Tulum. I’ve been to Mexico I think 6 times and this is a completely new place. I’ve only heard great things but I also haven’t done any research since I haven’t sat still in months. So if you have any recommendations, let me hear them! I’m kind of bummed I didn’t plan ahead because I would have totally purchased this one piece swimsuit and this one too. But I luckily got my hands on this bikini and this one too, so I have some fun new suits to sport next week!
Balls, I need to pack.
Even though I’m kicking off my holidays on the beach in the sand, I’m still feeling the traditional holiday recipes back here at home. Well, are hot chocolate pancakes traditional?? Who knows and who cares, really?! I would eat these any time throughout the year.
These pancakes were made with Nuts.com Paleo Baking Mix to make the baking process easier than ever. I’ve used this mix in my Sloppy Joe Meatball Cornbread Sliders, my Basil Tangerine Pound Cake and just recently used the mix for my Cornbread Turkey Pot Pies. This mix from Nuts.com makes paleo baking SO much easier and way more convenient. Instead of having to purchase almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, and tapioca flour, they put it all together in a 1 pound bag and it can be used as a 1:1 replacement for conventional wheat flour. It’s seriously awesome! And when you’re grabbing a bag of this Paleo Baking Mix, you can also shop a ton of organic dried fruits and nuts, delicious chocolates, and a ton of snack ideas. They have so many cool products on Nuts.com but I think this Paleo Baking Mix is my absolute favorite!
Hot Chocolate Pancakes
- Yield: 14-15 three inch pancakes 1x
- 1 cup Nuts.com Paleo Baking Flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon black cocoa powder*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup organic mini marshmallows (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powders, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pour wet mixture into the dry and mix until completely combined and smooth.
- Place a griddle or sauté pan over medium heat and grease. Once hot, use a cookie or ice cream scoop to pour 2-3 inch pancakes onto the griddle. Once the pancake begins to bubble, you’ll know it’s time to flip. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through. Repeat until no batter remains. This should make 14-15 three inch pancakes.
- Once pancakes are done cooking, melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave or double boiler. Pour melted chocolate on top of pancakes and top with mini marshmallows.
*If you don’t have black cocoa powder, just use a little of the regular unsweetened cocoa powder. They just won’t be quite as dark in color.
In Partnership With:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!