Posted by https://paleomg.com/huevos-rancheros-casserole/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Huevos Rancheros Casserole
- 16-ounce frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground chorizo sausage
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 6 Siete Cassava Coconut Tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo (I used store bought)
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 fresno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free soft herb cheese*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- Steam cauliflower until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer the steamed cauliflower to a high speed blender and puree until smooth. Add salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne, and puree once more until combined. Set aside.
- While the cauliflower cooks, place a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add chorizo sausage to the pan and break into small pieces. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes, then add diced tomatoes. Mix to combined. Remove from heat.
- Place 3 tortillas in the bottom of the baking dish (it's ok if the tortillas don't cover the entire bottom of the baking dish), then add 1/2 of the cauliflower puree on top of the tortillas and spread evenly throughout. Next add 1/2 of the chorizo mixture on top of the cauliflower puree and spread evenly throughout. Repeat this once more - 3 tortillas, cauliflower puree, chorizo mixture. Use a spoon to create 4 wells in the chorizo mixture then crack an egg into each well.
- Place baking dish in the oven to bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the whites are cooked through and the yolks are still runny.
- Top the baked dish off with sliced avocado, pico de gallos, chopped cilantro, green onions, fresno peppers, and some dairy-free cheese, then eat up!
*I used Treeline cashew milk soft herb cheese