Posted by https://paleomg.com/indian-chicken-and-rice-paleo-recipe/
© 2011 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Paleo Indian Chicken and Rice
- 1lb chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, stem removed
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons curry
- 2 teaspoons garam marsala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First you need to make rice from cauliflower. It's pretty damn easy. So peel back the leaves from your cauliflower, cut off the stems, and cut the head into florets. Place on plate and put them in the microwave for 2 minutes to help soften them.
- Once the cauliflower is softened, add the florets to your food processor. I used the shredding attachment but you could use the regular blade as well. Rice those bitches.
- Now let's make some saucey sauce. Pull out a large skillet or saucepan, add your coconut oil, onions, and garlic to the pan over medium-high heat. Cook until translucent.
- Once the onions are cooked, add your tomato sauce, coconut milk, honey, lemon juice, and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Now add your chopped chicken and cauliflower rice to the sauce, cover and let simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is soft.
- Top with cilantro. I had none on hand so I just added avocado to it. Makes no sense. I just love fat.