Posted by https://paleomg.com/instant-pot-creamy-gnocchi-soup/
© 2018 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Creamy Gnocchi Soup
1 package of Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi
3 tablespoons ghee
1lb hot ground Italian sausage
32 ounces of chicken bone broth
1 (16 ounce) bag of frozen cauliflower
1 (14 ounce) can of garlic herb diced tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, diced
salt, to taste
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 bundle of kale, roughly chopped
salt and black pepper
fresh basil, for garnish
- Place the frozen gnocchi on a plate and into the microwave for 3 minutes, until soft. Pat with a paper towel to dry. Place a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add ghee and gnocchi. Cook for about 15 or so minutes, flipping halfway through. Once finished cooking and brown on both sides, sprinkle with salt.
- While the gnocchi cooks, place the basin in the 8 quart instant pot then press the sauté button on high. Add hot Italian sausage, break into pieces and cook until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add broth, cauliflower, tomatoes, garlic cloves and salt. Secure the lid of the instant pot, close off the pressure valve then press soup and press the down button to 10 minutes.
- Once the time goes off, release the pressure then remove the lid and use an immersion blender to blend all ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Then add bell pepper and kale along with some salt and pepper. Seal the lid again, close off the pressure valve then press soup button and down to 10 minutes. Once finished, release the pressure valve then remove lid and add Italian sausage and gnocchi and mix to warm through.
- Top with extra black pepper and basil before serving.