Posted by https://paleomg.com/lemon-basil-seared-scallop-pasta/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Lemon Basil Seared Scallop Pasta
- 1 package Cappello's Fettuccine
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 pound scallops
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of black pepper
- small handful basil, roughly chopped
- Cook Cappello's fettuccine according to package instructions and set aside. (You will reheat these in a pan later on)
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat and cook bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and set aside. Pat scallops down with a paper towel until completely dry. Sprinkle with a bit of salt on both sides. Cook scallops on both sides for about 2 minutes per side, until scallops are browned and bounce back when you press on them. Remove from pan and set aside once they are done cooking and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add garlic and shallot to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the shallot becomes translucent. Then add lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and red pepper flakes. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any of the left behind from the bacon and scallops. Let mixture reduce for about 1 minute. Add bacon and fettuccine noodles to the pan and toss to coat and warm through. Then add scallops back to the pan, add black pepper and basil and toss everything to coat.
- Serve once warmed through!