Posted by https://paleomg.com/maple-chili-pork-chops/
© 2014 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (or other fat such as coconut oil, lard, etc.)
- 2 bone-in, thinly sliced pork chops (about 0.5lbs each)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- chopped green onions, to garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together all the seasonings.
- Pat the pork chops dry. Generously sprinkle each side of each pork chop, pressing the seasonings into the pork chop.
- Place a large saute pan over high heat. Add butter to the pan to melt.
- Let the pan get very hot then add the pork chops to the pan. Sear on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- After the pork chops have seared on both sides, turn heat down to low.
- Whisk together orange juice, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Pour the mixture into the pan around the pork chops. The mixture will begin to bubble then thicken. Cook the pork chops for another 6-8 minutes, flipping them once to help coat each side of the pork chop.
- Once the pork chop is cooked through, remove from heat. Plate chops then garnish with some of the leftover sauce from the pan and chopped green onions.