Posted by https://paleomg.com/mexican-rice-bowls/
© 2013 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/3 cup broth or water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 pound pork chorizo
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- salsa of choice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Run florets of cauliflower through a food processor using the shredding attachment, to rice the cauliflower. Or use a grater and crate the cauliflower until you have small pieces.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat, add cauliflower and broth or water and a bit of salt to the pan and cover to let steam for about 10 minutes. Mix a couple times to keep from sticking to the bottom.
- Once cauliflower is soft, add garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cilantro, lime, and a bit of salt and pepper.
- While rice is cooking, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook chorizo and ground beef. Break up into small pieces and cook until cooked through completely.
- Dice onion and avocado.
- When cauliflower rice and meat are done cooking, add rice, meat, onion, avocado, and salsa to a bowl.