Posted by https://paleomg.com/paleo-apple-and-bacon-rosemary-pork-burgers/
© 2012 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Paleo Apple and Bacon Rosemary Pork Burgers
- 1-1.5 lbs ground pork
- 6-8 strips of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 apples, cored and diced
- 1-2 tablespoons rosemary (depending how much you like rosemary)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat up a medium sized skillet under medium heat.
- Chop up your bacon and add it to the pan.
- Let bacon cook for a bit until some of the fat seeps out and the ends of the bacon begin to turn up.
- Then add your apple to begin to cook down. Bacon fat was going bat sh*t crazy, so I covered it with a lid.
- While the bacon and apple are cooking for the next 5-7 minutes, throw your ground pork in a bowl, add your rosemary and salt and pepper and use your hands to combine everything! If you don't use your hands, it won't taste right. Just trust me. Buck up child.
- Once your bacon and apples are done cooking, use a slotted spoon to add them to a paper towel on a plate to let cool. Keep the bacon fat in the pan unless you have a ton, in that case pour a little in your handy dandy bacon fat jar. You don't have one?! You're dumb.
- Now time to make your patties!!
- Now take a small ball full of meat, I'd say smaller than a lacrosse ball, ball it up and then smash it down with your thumbs to make a damn good looking patty. You want this a bit thinner than a normal burger though.
- Then make another!
- Now place a spoonful of your bacon and apple mixture on top of one of your patties, then plop another patty on top, then use your fingers to seal up the sides. Pinching technique works best.
- Repeat. I got 3 burgers out of 1lb of ground pork.
- Now reheat your skillet with the leftover bacon in it.
- Add your stuffed burgers to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes per side (depending on the thickness)