Posted by https://paleomg.com/paleo-savory-sweet-potato-meatloaf/
© 2011 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Paleo Savory Sweet Potato Meatloaf
- 2.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 sweet potato, shredded
- 1 sweet yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1lb uncured bacon
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Time to get your meatloaf 'insides' ingredients going. So take ½ of the 1lb of bacon and chop it up into bite size pieces. Add to a deep saute pan and begin to cook down. Once the fat has began to rise, add your chopped onions and raisins to the pan to cook with the bacon.
- While those ingredients cook together, shred your sweet potato either in your food processor with the shredding attachment or with a shredder.
- Once the bacon is cooked through, the onions are slightly translucent, and the raisins have begun to bloat (you'll see what I mean) add them to a large bowl along with all other ingredients: beef, sweet potatoes, almond meal, eggs, and all seasonings.
- Now use your hands to get dirty. Mix all ingredients thoroughly together and press meat into 2-3 bread loaf pans. I get the disposable ones because then there is no clean up. I'm dirty enough as it is.
- Top off the meatloaf with the extra slices of bacon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.