Posted by https://paleomg.com/pan-seared-mahi-mahi-over-sticky-coconut-rice-with-mango-salsa/
© 2014 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Pan Seared Mahi Mahi over Sticky Coconut "Rice" with Mango Salsa
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon of coarse sea salt
For the rice
For the fish
- Mix together salsa ingredients and place in fridge.
- Add chopped cauliflower to a food processor with the shredding attachment to “rice” the cauliflower.
- Place over large pot over medium heat, add coconut oil then add riced cauliflower. Add coconut milk/cream along with a little salt. Mix together to incorporate and let cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Once soft, add shredded coconut, mix, then turn down heat to low to keep warm.
- Add a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil. Once very hot, pat mahi mahi dry and salt on both sides, then add to the pan and cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes. Do not crowd pan because that will make the fish steam instead of getting a nice crust on both sides. Cook in batches, if needed.
- Place mahi mahi on top of coconut rice, top with mango salsa and garnish with cilantro and shredded coconut.