Posted by https://paleomg.com/rabbit-apricot-skewers/
© 2012 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Rabbit and Apricot Skewers
- 3 Boneless Rabbit Striploins, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 apricots, cut into fourths
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5-6 skewers metal or wooden (wooden should be soaked in water for 30+min before grilling)
- Marinating is your best friend here people. The longer you marinate, the better it taste. Promise. I marinated mine for 3 days. Because I was lazy mainly.
- In a large bowl or large tupperware container, add all of your ingredients other than your rabbit and apricots. Whisk together.
- Chop up your rabbit into pieces and place in your bowl. Mix to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for 2+ hours. The longer, the better. Pure science.
- Once your rabbit has marinated, take out of fridge to settle to room temperature. For about 20 minutes. Or don't, whatever.
- At this point, you'll probably want to heat up your grill.
- Use your metal or wooden skewers to place a piece of rabbit on (careful of your fingers. don't say I didn't warn you), then a ¼ of an apricot, then another piece of rabbit and another piece of apricot. I put 4 pieces of rabbit and 3 pieces of apricot on each skewer to make 5 skewers total, but you can do whatever you want. You're such a stud, you call the rules.
- Place kabobs on grill. Turn after about 3 minutes and let cook for another 3 minutes, or until cooked through. (Time on the grill will differ depending on the size of the rabbit pieces).
- EAT THEM! So delicious and nutritious.
If you have fresh herbs on hand, use those. I just used dried because it was all that was in my kitchen.