Posted by https://paleomg.com/roasted-garlic-cauliflower-soup/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- 2 heads of garlic
- olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 32 ounces of frozen cauliflower (2 16-ounce packages)
- 48 ounces chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- fresh dill, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice off the top each head of garlic to expose the cloves inside. Place the garlic on a piece of foil then drizzle with about a tablespoons of olive oil on each and wrap the foil around the garlic bulb. Roast until cloves are lightly browned and tender, about 35-40 minutes.
- While the garlic cooks, place a large pot (I used a le creuset dutch oven) over medium to medium-low heat, add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil then add the sliced onions and let them cook down for 20-25 minutes, stirring every couple minutes to make sure they cook evenly (you may need to turn down the temperature if some onions begin to brown too quickly). Once they are about halfway through the cooking processing, thoroughly salt the onions. When the onions are brown and caramelized, use a slotted spoon to remove and set aside for later.
- Add the frozen cauliflower, bone broth, honey, a generous amount of salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and all of the roasted garlic cloves to the pot. You can use a knife to easily pop them out of the bulb or just simply squeeze them out. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes under medium heat.
- Once cauliflower is fork tender, use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it's creamy and completely smooth.
- Top soup with caramelized onions, cracked black pepper and fresh dill!
*this honey is totally optional. it's only a small amount but i really think it changes up the flavor profile and goes nicely with the other ingredients.