Posted by https://paleomg.com/roasted-red-pepper-and-avocado-soup-with-sausages/
© 2012 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Roasted Red Pepper and Avocado Soup with Sausages
- 3-4 roasted red peppers, roughly chopped (I used jarred in water kind. but you could roast your own)
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-3 tablespoons fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 avocado, diced (to garnish)
- chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- 4-5 cooked sausage of choice (I used a sundried tomato chicken sausage)
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add in your fat, garlic and onion. Cook up onions until they are translucent.
- Then add in your roasted red peppers with broth and coconut milk along with your smoked paprika, paprika, red pepper flakes, oregano, and salt and pepper. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, slice up your sausages and cook on a skillet on both sides.
- Once everything has simmered, scoop out your avocado and add to the saucepan along with your lime juice. Then use an immersion blender to mix until soup is smooth and creamy. If you don't have an immersion blender, add it to your food processor, like I did. I did it in two batches so my kitchen wouldn't become messier than it already is.
- Top soup with diced avocado, chopped cilantro, and sausage. So divine.
use ALL the garnishes. they really do make a huge difference in flavor. do not cheat your tastebuds.