Posted by https://paleomg.com/sausage-leek-and-asparagus-breakfast-casserole/
© 2014 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Sausage, Leek and Asparagus Dill Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound breakfast sausage(or any other kind of ground meat)
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced (only the white part)
- 6-8 stalks of asparagus, chopped
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or coconut milk or almond milk to make strict paleo)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- butter or coconut oil, for greasing the dish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Place breakfast sausage in a sauté pan over medium heat. Break into small pieces.
- Once the sausage is half way cooked through, add leeks and asparagus and cook until no pink remains in the sausage. Remove from heat and discard any excess fat left in pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, dill, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish, add the sausage mixture, and mix well.
- Place in oven to bake for 35-40 minutes, until eggs are cooked through in the center and no longer jiggly.