Posted by https://paleomg.com/sea-salt-caramel-brownie-ice-cream/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Sea Salt Caramel Brownie Ice Cream
- 1 (10-ounce) package Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips, melted but not hot
- 140 grams salted butter or ghee, softened (1/2 cup/1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee (preferable a dark roast for bolder flavor)
- 188 grams coconut palm sugar (about 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 28 grams blanched almond flour (about a 1/4 cup)
- 30 grams tapioca starch (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
1 batch of Juli Bauer's Paleo Cookbook Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce (on page 250)
1 batch of Simple Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 tablespoon coarse or flaked sea salt
Make the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Make the brownies: In a large bowl, mix together the melted chocolate chips and softened butter. Once incorporate, mix in the vanilla and ground coffee. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, almond flour, and tapioca starch. Gradually add the dry mixture to the chocolate mixture, stirring to combine. Add the eggs and yolk and beat until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and tap on the countertop to settle the batter. Bake for 35 minutes or until the brownies have set and do not jiggle in the pan. Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan completely before cutting into bite size pieces and crumbling into some smaller pieces.
Next make caramel sauce then set aside to slightly cool.
Lastly, make ice cream:
- Whisk together the ice cream ingredients until completely mixed. Then pour ingredients in anice cream maker and follow directions of that particular ice cream maker. Once ice cream has churned and is fairly thick, sprinkle in however much of the brownies and caramel sauce you want in it (I used about half of each) and let churn to completely combine.
- Place ice cream in a sealable container and in freezer to complete set. To thaw, just set on counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Serve with a hefty sprinkle of sea salt on top!