Posted by https://paleomg.com/simple-berry-cake/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
For the toppings
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch round cake pan then cut out a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan and place in the bottom and grease the parchment paper as well.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until combine. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, ghee, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined. Add liquid mixture to the dry mixture and mix until combine.* Pour batter into greased cake pan.
- Place in oven to bake for 35-4- minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake rest for 10 minutes outside the oven then place a plate or a cake stand over it, flip then tap the bottom of the cake pan to make sure it comes out. Remove the parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the berries, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest.
- Top the cake with the berries and extra maple syrup from the bowl, then cut into slices before serving!
*Since different tapioca flours and coconut flours sometimes react differently, you may need to add a little more almond milk. If the batter seems to thick and does not pour, add a bit more almond milk.