Posted by https://paleomg.com/sneak-peek-recipe-from-juli-bauers-paleo-cookbook-mexican-meatloaf/
© 2015 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Sneak Peek Recipe from Juli Bauer's Paleo Cookbook: Mexican Meatloaf
1 hour 15 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound chorizo
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, minced
- 1 (7-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups salsa of choice, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the salsa.
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared loaf pan. Pour 1 cup of the salsa on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, until the meat is completely cooked through in the middle.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven, top with the remaining 1 cup of salsa, and garnish with extra cilantro.