Posted by https://paleomg.com/southwest-meatballs-with-creamy-cilantro-dipping-sauce/
© 2014 PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes. All rights reserved.
Southwest Meatballs with Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce
For the meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey (or chicken, beef, etc.)
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the sauce
- 1 avocado
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup 30 second mayo or Primal Kitchen mayo
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish with some oil (olive, coconut, etc.)
- Place all ingredients for the meatballs into a bowl and use your hands to mix the mixture together.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out each meatballs and form into balls. This should make about 18 small meatballs.
- Place each meatball into the greased baking dish, side by side. It's ok if they are touching.
- Put in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the meatballs cook, create the dipping sauce by placing everything for the sauce, except for the mayo, into a food processor. Puree until smooth. Once smooth, add the mayo and puree once more until well combined.
- Dip meatballs into the sauce. Yay meatballs!