Posted by https://paleomg.com/spicy-curry-duck-fat-shoestring-fries/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Spicy Curry Duck Fat Shoestring Fries
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (using a julienne peeler)
- 12 ounces (1 jar) of duck fat
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- pinch of black pepper
- Peel potatoes then use a julienne peeler to peel potatoes into small shoestring fries. Place potatoes in a bowl and cover with cold water for about 10 minutes. Then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place a 2 quart dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot over medium heat and add duck fat. Use a candy thermometer to check temperature and once temperature reaches 375 degrees F, add potatoes in small batches (to keep the temperature from dropping too much) and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until potatoes become brown and crispy then use a spider strainer to remove the potatoes from oil and set on a paper towel to drain. Repeat until all the potatoes are done cooking then place in a bowl and add all the spices and toss until completely coated.
- Serve immediately.