Posted by https://paleomg.com/strawberry-poppyseed-bread/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Strawberry Poppyseed Bread
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini (peeled first - ~1 zucchini)
- 1 1/2 cups cashew meal (I ground up 1 1/2 cups raw cashews)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup melted ghee (I used browned butter ghee)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1-2 tablespoons poppyseeds (I think the more, the better)
For the strawberry sauce
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 bread pan and line with parchment paper to help with easily removal.
- Peel and finely shred zucchini. Place in between paper towels and place on a plate on top to help pull out the excess moisture. Set aside to drain while you prepare everything else.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cashew meal, coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda and powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together ghee, honey, almond extract and eggs until combine. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture along with the zucchini and poppyseeds and mix with a spatula to combine until smooth. Fold in sliced strawberries.
- Pour batter into greased and lined loaf pan. Place in oven to bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean of the center of the bread. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- While the bread bakes, place a small saucepan over medium heat and add all ingredients for the sauce. Let cook down for 10-12 minutes, until strawberries are soft. Place in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour sauce through a fine mesh strainer.
- Once bread has cooled, pour sauce on top of bread or spread it on like you would butter!