Posted by https://paleomg.com/sweet-pulled-pork-waffle-sliders/
© 2013 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Sweet Pulled Pork Waffle Sliders
For the pulled pork
For the waffles
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 3 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
For the toppings
- 5-6 pieces of bacon, cooked
- slice pickles
- Place pork butt (or other roast) in a crockpot. Add sliced onions around it and top with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until it falls apart.
- Once pork is done cooking, shred in the crockpot.
- Now make the mayo so it can cool in the fridge. Place all mayo ingredients, except for the maple syrup, into a tall container. Place your immersion blender to the bottom of the container, turn on and wait until the mixture thickens. You may need to raise the immersion blender a bit to help mix all of the oil. Once it is thick, pour in the maple syrup and mix with a spoon. Place in fridge to cool.
- To make the waffle buns, mix together almond flour, baking soda, garlic powder, and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Then add eggs, coconut milk, bacon fat, chopped bacon, and chives and mix well to combine.
- Heat up a waffle iron and pour mixture into the center of each waffle area. You want the buns to be small so only about 2 tablespoons of the mixture will do to create a small waffle bun. Cook until slightly crispy.
- Once waffles are done, begin the layering: waffle bun, sweet mayo, pork, pickles, bacon, mayo, bun. Feel free to add other toppings as well!!
Yields 6 sliders