Posted by https://paleomg.com/teriyaki-beef-stir-fry/
© 2013 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- Place a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add coconut oil along with minced garlic and grated ginger.
- When garlic becomes fragrant, turn heat on low then add coconut aminos. Be sure that the pan has cooled down a bit before to keep the coconut aminos from splattering everywhere.
- Once coconut aminos have been added, increase heat to medium-low and add honey, sriracha, sesame oil and fish sauce.
- Bring sauce to a slow boil, then add 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder, 1 teaspoon at a time and whisking to incorporate into the sauce. Meaning you will add 3 teaspoons total, whisking each teaspoon in at a time.
- Once sauce has become think, add peppers, onion and sliced mushrooms to the sauce and coat in sauce. Let cook down for about 6-8 minutes or until onion is soft.
- After the vegetables have cooked through, use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetable and set aside in a bowl.
- Increase heat to medium-high temperature and add thinly sliced flank steak to the pan. Cook steak on both sides for 2-3 minutes, until barely any pink remains.
- Add vegetables back into the pan and incorporate with the meat.
- Since the meat will render some liquid, add the remaining tablespoons arrowroot powder into the mixture, teaspoon at a time, whisking the powder in with the mixture.
- Top stir fry off with chopped green onions.