Posted by https://paleomg.com/thanksgiving-brussels-sprouts-and-mushroom-gratin/
© 2014 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Thanksgiving Brussels Sprouts and Mushroom Gratin
- 3 cups brussels sprouts, ends removed and halved
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into lardons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss halved brussels sprouts in fat and sprinkle with salt. Lay out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crispy.
- While brussels sprouts roast, place a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until bacon is crispy, then remove bacon using a slotted spoon.
- Keep bacon fat in pan, turn heat down, then add garlic and onion.
- Once onion has become translucent, add mushrooms and rosemary. Cook until mushrooms become soft, then add salt, pepper, heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Remove from heat, add brussels sprouts to mushroom sauce pan and mix well.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish (or whatever dish you would like to serve it in. I did mine in smaller, individual dishes) add brussels sprouts mixture to dish, top with shredded gruyere cheese and place in oven to bake for 15 minutes then sprinkle with bacon pieces and place back in oven for 3 minutes under the broiler.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.