Posted by https://paleomg.com/thanksgiving-dessert-apple-pie-tartlets/
© 2013 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
For the crust
For the toppings
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil, if you prefer)
- 3 cups apples, cored and cubed (330 grams)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider (no sugar added)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pecans in a food processor and pulse until they have broken down into a flour consistency.
- Add almond flour, coconut oil, egg, honey, vanilla extract, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and puree until is combines completely together (it will form a ball in the food processor).
- Using a mini muffin tin, use a cookie scoop to scoop out a ball of the crust mixture and place into 14 muffin tin holes.
- Using your thumbs and fingers, press the crust mixture down in the tin and up around the edges, creating a crevice for the apples to go in. Be sure not to break through the crust on the bottom. Repeat with all 14 muffins.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add butter (or coconut oil). Once butter has melted, add cubed apples and 1 tablespoon of apple cider. Let apples cook down for 8-10 minutes, until soft.
- Then add honey, lemon juice, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix to combine then remove from heat.
- Place a tablespoons or so of the apple mixture into each cup. Repeat with all 14 mini muffins.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from tin.
- In a bowl, add the coconut cream that sits on top of the coconut water and whip together vanilla extract and honey, using a fork until well combined. (leave behind the coconut water for shakes or whatever else)
- Place a tablespoon of coconut whipped cream on top. Serve immediately.
*Yields 14 tartlets